Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Our English Drama Competition!

Joy, Me and Mareen

I’m lucky, aren’t I? This semester I picked the topic “drama,” and, dahlah! Here they are! Performances everywhere beside me! This time we are no longer the audience sit in front of the stage, we have our costumes on and act!
Divided into six groups, our class is going to prepare for a small English context. It would be like the miniature of the Grand English Drama.
Our group decided to move the Holly Wood movie MIB on the stage. We adapted some of the details to saving characters from the fairytales that doesn’t know one another are fierce aliens.. For instance, we have to save Princess Snow White, for she doesn’t know her dwarfs are from Mars and shall eat her after the afternoon tea. I acted as the senior agent K, Eric as agent J. we really enjoyed making cool poses with guns in our hands!!


The other five groups were all so amazing. There was a story telling how a home-guy (or so called “otaku”) pursues his loved one and wins her heart by being just who he is. There was a story of four sisters’ journey of saving the prince, but found the prince loves a man in the end. There was a story talking about the awareness of a lazy student…… (sorry I couldn’t name them all, if you have a strong urge to promote your drama, please leave some words below, thanks) They are all extremely creative! And I found our cells of acting unexpectedly active!! Hahaha! The one I like most is the play called The Lord of the Ring(?). It was the story of a telephone information woman. She helped many people deal with their difficulties in life through tender and comforting words but lives a hard life herself. In the end she died of the serious disease, but brought together the people who she helped—four connected people. They saw the true heart within each other at her funeral. Ohhhh, I almost cried when I saw the last scene where they met each other surprisingly in the funeral! I believe many other classmates did shed a tear on the spot.
Our MIB won the prize of special effect and costume. The prize was an envelope, an envelope with …guess what’s inside?...A piece of paper written “Special Effect and Costume Prize”—or something like that—only. We were kinda disappointed at first, but felt better when we know every group had gotten the same thing. Alright, the whole competition thing was just for fun, obviously; and we did have fun!
So, it’s fun!!!!!!!!!+w+

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! The envelope is the ticket to get 1300 NT dollars! =口=+++!!!
    I just discover that today! Phew... thank god we didn't throw it into the trashcan. Celebrating feast, here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YA! I want to eat as much as I can...!!haha.
    And actually it is "The "Love" of the Ring"...not "Lord". oh it really is a good story...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you cried, didn't you? =D
    Mmmmm, I heard that it's called The LOVE of the Ring today, but unfortunately I still couldn't make my correction before you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that was really a sad story and you know lar! ˊˋ
    Today's WL class was really sad, too... and I almost cried when I saw Lo cried and hugged him...
    oh tears are pearls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhh... Professor Lo can always make the whole class cry with him... I also cried today!

    Yeah, tears are pearls~~
    (this sentence still sounds hilarious and I don't know where it came from or how it's gotten so popular!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost think that I am graduate!XD

    (I also wonder, too.)

    ReplyDelete